Friday, March 6, 2009

Annabel's poem

 

The Empty Canvas

I am blank, no color at all.
I wish to be famous, like the Mona Lisa
Make me amazing, magnificent,
Perfect.

Is Di Vinci still alive? Can you get him?
I can't be sculpted, built or molded.
Just pick up a pencil, draw a line or
a dot, and see where it takes you.
I know you will do fine. Then I will be
amazing, magnificent, and perfect.

They'll put me in the Louvre
where people can see.
They'll put me in art books
and never again be forgotten.
You and I will go down in history.
~Annabel Pulley
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jen March 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I am blown away! Wow, such cool imagery and concept. Tell her I think it's an amazing poem. (and I love the picture too)

Jessica March 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

Holy cow, how old is she? GREAT poem!

Amy March 7, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

I have no doubt that Annabel will one day be famous. I just hope she will remember all the little people, like me.

Anna March 7, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Wow. Annabel, that is really impressive!

carla March 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

wow, wonderful poem!!!

Joanna March 7, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Annabel you are amazing. Please remember us when you are rich and famous!

Anonymous,  March 8, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

This girl doesn't surprise me. I tried to give you a heads-up when she was three.
I knew there was genius there when she could pull up tomato plants faster than I could plant them.

laurak March 10, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Very nice. I love poetry written by people I know. I feel connected. Annabel will be famous some day, probably as a gifted surgeon. She will go down in the medical hx books.