Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Halloween is a favorite holiday of the Pulley kids; the mom, not so much. But, I decided to make it easy on myself this year. I let Annabel buy the costume she wanted and the other two came up with their own costumes.
Darren always takes charge of the pumpkin decorating.

It's great that they are old enough to do most of it themselves.

The girls went to the ward trunk or treating. Noah stayed home to do homework (his choice). I made Darren come as well. I told him if he stayed home, I would be very mad for a long time. I spent the night complaining about being out in the wet, cold night. Is there an equivalent to Scrooge for Halloween? That would be me.

Bea and her best friends. I crocheted Bea's beret from a pattern from 1936. A little big, but she liked it.
We compromised on the costume. She had to add the t-shirt and she couldn't wear the fishnet stockings that came with it.
Noah went as Steve Irwin-his own idea and creation. He went out with friends this year and we didn't see him all night. Bea also left us for friends this year.

I got my tonsils out the night before, so I pretty much took it easy and have no pics of the kids trick or treating, but they had a good time and brought home a haul of candy.

6 comments:

Anna November 13, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Thanks for letting us come over after just having your tonsils out. You should think of something to do on Halloween that you specifically will enjoy - like a reward for having to go through it every year.

Joanna November 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

you were diffidently the scrooge of Halloween the night of the party, but I still like you.

Joanna November 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

I am right up there with you though because I made my kids stay home. We were quite a pair this year!

Jessica November 13, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

I love Halloween, it's Christmas I'm a scrooge about. I love easy, social holidays. Christmas brings along too much crap I have to find a place for.

Mom,  November 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

I saw these earlier, but didn't have time to comment. Their costumes are wonderful and clever. I hardly recognized Annabel. I think Bea's is really cute and different and Noah is my kind of adventurer! BTW, the pumpkins are cute, too! Good job, Gang!

laurak December 26, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

You are the Halloween scrouge, but this year you had an excuse!