Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving here. My youngest brother and sister and her boyfriend came to visit us. This was our first time to have family here for a holiday --ever. John lives in NYC now and Megan and Evan came up from Charlottesville, VA. John is 14 yrs younger than I, and Megan is almost 20 yrs younger.
The rest of the family (mostly) spent Thanksgiving together in Texas at Sally's.
Megan and Evan drove to NYC to pick up John and then drove here. What should have been a 6 hour drive from Charlottesville to NYC took them 12 hours and then they still had to drive here-another 5+hours. They got in at 5AM Thursday morning. Talk about holiday traffic!
For several people in our family, Thanksgiving is all about the pie. We had 7 pies for 8 people.
2 pumpkin
2 cherry/raspberry
3 apple
We didn't manage to eat all of that, but the turkey is all gone.
Pie making

John brought with him the game, Khet. It is a laser chess game that was quite the hit of the party.
I felt like my mother who was always mixing up the boys' names. "Tom, Sam, John, whoever."
I kept mixing up John and Noah's names and Megan and Annabel's. It nearly drove me crazy.
Thanksgiving dinner

On Friday we headed out to see some of the local sites. Noah stayed home to play Xbox. He's 13, and not really interested in spending much time with the rest of us these days.
Pictures from Charlotte Pier on Lake Ontario.
These guys got to experience crazy Rochester weather. It started sleeting sideways on us as we headed back to shore, and the waves were spraying over the pier. Fun, cold and crazy.

John and Annabel spent most of their time pickin' at each other.


Megan and Evan
3 siblings
John and the Kodak smoke stacks.
We played Ticket to Ride and Bea and I won both games! Woohoo!
More Khet. Noah loved this game.
Everyone usually thinks Noah looks like Darren, but I have always said he looks like John. What do you think?
Who does Noah look like?
We loved having family here to celebrate the holiday with and also getting to know Evan better.
And, Darren got the Christmas lights up.

10 comments:

Jessica November 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

Hey, awesome clear & crisp picture of everyone around the table -- ours did not come out with natural lighting :-(. Your dining room decor is so classy, love the green paint!

Great pictures on the pier, too, it almost looks like a movie set.

I'm agree, Noah looks likes John.

Mom,  November 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

What fun! I love the pics! Wish we could all have been together, but I don't know where that would have been. Sally's house was full and your's looked like it was too. I just wish we could have Skyped earlier when we were all together. That was my plan, it just didn't work out.

Jaime November 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

You're getting really good with the pictures there lately, Deborah! The Talbot's pics looked so great!

Anna November 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Noah looks more like John to me, too. What's with Darren not smiling though? Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sally Taylor November 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Deborah, Thanks for posting your holiday pictures. I stayed so busy that I didn't get any taken myself and I am counting on Laura to have some good ones. Mom lost her SD card somewhere on the way home. Hopefully Jennifer will have some as well. You are such a wonderful Photographer! I would love to have higher resolution copies of the one of the 3 siblings together and the one of Megan and Evan, and portrait of John at the pier. It looks like you all had a good time together. Happy holidays! Love Sally

Dad,  November 30, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Three siblings picture = nicking

Mary November 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

You take the most beautiful pictures. It looks like a wonderful holiday!

AMD December 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

I had to look up "nicking", but I think I agree.

laurak December 26, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

I agree with Sally. I want a copy of the same ones she wants.
Also, Noah looks more like John, but Darren should have been smiling to make it more fair.
It looks like y'all had fun.

laurak December 26, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

I agree with Sally. I want a copy of the same ones she wants.
Also, Noah looks more like John, but Darren should have been smiling to make it more fair.
It looks like y'all had fun.