Sunday, October 28, 2007

Scissor Happy

After Noah's recital Friday night, we went out to eat. I am sitting across from Beatrice when I notice that she is missing a chunk of hair. Needless to say, I freaked out. My 6 year old is too old to be cutting her own hair--her beautiful hair!!! To make matters worse, Annabel did the same thing last week. What is it about kids that they need to chop off the most noticeable piece of hair?


Can you find a more pathetic face? She was not happy with the results of her little experiment.

Whereas Annabel is always sure of herself. She has become such a poser.

So, obviously, I made an appointment for them, both, to see what we could do to fix this mess. We have a new place in town called Sweet and Sassy. It is a spa for little girls. Everything is pink, glittery and smells like cotton candy. I was told it is a chain that originated in Dallas by a woman named Dixie. Makes sense, huh?

Bea's hair is definitely better, but she does have very short bangs--at least she is fashionable, if nothing else.

Annabel wouldn't let them give her bangs, so she just ended up with a trim and really doesn't look any different.

I just hope that Bea, at least, has learned her lesson. She is all about how she looks, so I don't think this will happen again. Annabel-who knows?

3 comments:

Joanna October 28, 2007 at 6:39 PM  

She is still darling! We should take the girls there together!

Anonymous,  October 31, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

It's a rite of passage. What child, especially girls, has never done this? What a treat tho, to go to a spa, maybe I'll wack on my hair some more!

Mary November 1, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

They are right. No matter what your kids do they would look beautiful!