Sunday, July 27, 2008

Letchworth

Annabel has felt very deprived because Noah and the scouts go camping so often. She thinks it is sexist and unfair and says she is done with Faith in God activities because they never do anything fun and adventurous. So while Noah was away at Scout camp this week, Darren took the girls to Letchworth (the grand canyon of the east or so they say)for the weekend.

I think they got an adventure to remember. They slept in the tent and took long hikes and went exploring.
I was so excited that Darren wanted to take a camera with him. I didn't go, by the way. My plan was to have a quiet weekend at home--that didn't happen. Anyway, I think he took some great pictures.
Posted by Picasa

They decided it was the weekend of mushrooms and toadstools. These are just a sampling of the many fungi that they discovered. They are especially proud of the blue one they found.
Darren says he is done with tent camping and will stay in a cabin next time. Maybe I'll join them then...or not.

12 comments:

Jessica July 27, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

What AWESOME collages! Way to go, Darren!

Anonymous,  July 28, 2008 at 7:03 AM  

Our girls always felt the same way--the scouts get the fun activities and the girls do things at the church, like learning how to rewire a lamp (Lindsay's 'favorite' activity). In our experience, even when there were leaders who were willing to do more with the girls, they couldn't get a green light to do so. Sad.

laurak July 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

It is so beautiful there. I want to go camping with scenery like that. I bet they had a grand time! Love the mushrooms and waterfalls.

Joanna July 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Darren did a great job on the pictures. I think you should go camping in a cabin in the fall with US!

Anna July 28, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

That was so nice to take the girls. I want to know what kept you from having a relaxing time by yourself? This does not inspire hope, Deborah.

carla July 28, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

My husband and children just went camping for the night and hopefully I will have a relaxing time. So far all I've done is clean. Boring!!

Anonymous,  July 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Neat!
I like the mushrooms - great pictures.

Amy July 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

Way to go Darren on the pictures and taking the girls camping. What a fun memory.

Mary July 31, 2008 at 2:41 AM  

Wow. Impressive. I'm sorry you ddin't get your quiet weekend alone. What happened?

Wendy August 1, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

these photos are gorgeous! wow! And what a sweet father to take them on their own trip.

Anonymous,  August 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

great pictures, and I certainly feel Darren's pain for the tent camping. I have sworn that off, too. I love the outdoors-- but I equally enjoy a nice rest in a real bed in a cabin.

Anonymous,  August 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

PS. I agree with Annabel. It is sexist.