Friday, February 20, 2009

Winter Camping with the Scouts

Noah was surprisingly excited about this campout. Last one, he refused to go, but this time they will be in a big cabin. I don't blame him in the least for not enjoying the cold, but he has warm winter gear and he doesn't think he will be cold. There is something to be said for good long johns. He is pleased to report that he isn't wearing any cotton and he has a new sleeping bag that is rated to -15 degrees.


Prior to his last swim meet, he told me not to take any pictures of him just standing around. One can see from his expression that I have crossed the line.

I told him that I am a photographer and that is what I do. I take pictures. He should smile.

We've had 3 weeks without any snow. It started to snow today and they are headed for the hills. He looks warm. Two sets of handwarmers and a large sub sandwich should get him through till tomorrow afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

laurak February 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Camping in the snow does not sound like fun to me.

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

Bubba'a tough