Thursday, May 21, 2009

Planter weather

May 15th has passed and it is safe to plant the annuals. This year we got 98% of our annuals at the public market for 1/3 the price that we normally do. Hopefully they will do just as well. The key I think is to get to the market before Labor Day.


We chose pink, orange and yellow flowers for the planters. Darren was gracious and let me choose the colors. I like 'em hot.

When the pots are full, I'll post some pictures.

Darren gets full credit for the yard.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom,  June 4, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Let me testify that when I was visiting these pots shown here were truly beautiful as was the whole yard! It has inspired me to come home and work on my yard. Don't know that I actually will, but I am inspired! I bought some plants with Marina in Hilliard, Ohio, and brought them home. I stayed with one color theme, corals and oranges, but oh, they are beautiful. I want to put in a water feature and fence off an area that the dog can't get into, so I can enjoy my swing and small garden without worrying about him eating things up! I'll let you know how things progress.

laurak June 6, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

That's about the time that all our flowers start to die.