Thursday, August 6, 2009

Utah Trip

Darren's mother passed away the end of July and we made a very quick trip to Utah. We spent a lot of time visiting cousins and trying to make a little vacation out of our 4 days there.
I really wanted to take the kids to Cascade Springs, between Provo and American Fork Canyons. It was lovely, but extremely hot. Even Noah was rather taken aback by the heat.

I was hopeful to get some good pictures while we were there, but it was just too dang hot, and at 5pm the sun was still rather harsh.


I was so happy to see my beautiful friends Mary (here) and Heidi. While the kids and Darren spent the day at Lagoon Amusement park, I spent the day being amused by my dear friends. Thank you for spending the day with me!
Kent and Noah got to catch up on old times and Clara joined the cousins in all the fun.

The girls couldn't get enough of their cousin Kimball.

You would never guess these cousins only see each other every few years, but it does help that we just saw them in November. Jared (bottom right ) looks more like Darren as a kid than his own do. They could be twins.
Oldest daughters of the three brothers.
We headed back to Mary's to swim and finish off a difficult day having fun and making good memories.
Next time, we'll meet under better circumstances.

4 comments:

Amy August 22, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Bea and Annabel are still talking about Kimball. He sounds like a very fun little boy.

Mary August 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

These pictures make me smile. I'm so glad that you spent the day with me and that you survived the funeral. I'm anxious to hear details.

RandomJonesThoughts September 7, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Sorry to hear about Darren's mom. It's always hard to lose a loved one.

laurak September 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Glad y'all could make some fun out of difficult circumstances.