Monday, January 7, 2008

Making Changes


After 5 long years, we have begun making some changes to our home. We spent the last week painting Noah's room and pulling up the carpet and laying laminate flooring. This has been the reason for my lack of blogging.

The walls in this house are a blahish cream on dirty cream and have long needed color. In the last couple of years we painted the girl's rooms, but nothing else. I finally convinced Darren that we needed to pull up all the carpet in the house and get rid of it. Winnie is not conducive to carpet!


Noah and Darren did all the prep work.

Annabel and Bea put on the first coat of paint. Bea did all the cutting in that she could reach as well as two walls. Both girls are good painters.


Noah and Darren did the final coat and then Darren and I did the floor. Pictures will follow soon of this.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous,  January 7, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

I am thinking child labor is a good thing at your house. I actually thought that was pretty daring to let the kids paint. It looks like fun, I am going to try it here. Paige

Jaime January 7, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Good choice of paint! I love the green...where did you get it? What's it called? Do you like it now that it's dry?

Paige Storheim January 7, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Laurel says that Bea looks so different! she has her hair in the style as Laurel. "I hope you come to Utah and visit me some day." "I take ski lessons and I want you to ski with me!"
Laurel and Paige

Joanna January 7, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

you are a much better mom then me. I never let my kids paint. The room looks great BTW!

Anonymous,  January 8, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

I still have walls to paint at my house! Maybe a visit to Texas is in order.

laurak January 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

You are brave. I don't think I would let Siena paint. I bet it looks good. I can't wait to see the floors.

Jen January 8, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Hey, you gotta send your kids my way! The house we moved into here in ARizona has some funky paint, including a lovely pink in the middle boys' room. They hate it but I just can't seem to get around to painting. (I wonder why -- Eli and Gideon!) I can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous,  January 9, 2008 at 1:51 AM  

You get me anxious to do some painting here. It looks great! I hope my kids are that helpful. They all want their rooms done. It will be my first time with a brush or roller.