Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fighting Boredom

As winter break comes to a close (yippee), we look for more ways to keep the troops entertained. Annabel built the city of Domino (for all you Texans) with city hall, library, church and parking lot among other dwellings and high rises. She made us keep it up all night so we could enjoy her handiwork.

I didn't even comment on the fact that she used a 12 count and 16 count domino set as building material. We will have a heck of a time trying to get these back into the right sets! At least it kept her occupied and happy most of the afternoon. Darren and I did not have one phone call complaining about fighting while we were out running errands--which is extremely rare!

Annabel and I, also, baked a strawberry and cream cake to celebrate cousin George Washington's birthday. Bea got a calendar for V-day and she has been counting down the days for us. I modified Rachel Leavitt's recipe due to lack of ingredients, but it was a huge hit. It may be an all new favorite at our house.
We have survived another school break and got some things accomplished as well. Not too bad.

10 comments:

Anna February 23, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Alright Deborah, let's have that recipe!

Allison February 23, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

i'm listening to the moldy peaches right now "anyone else but you." claaaaaaaaasic. i'm totally laughing. where did you find that?

Anonymous,  February 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Wow, I can't believe you've added so much since I last looked. I didn't even know you were having winter break. It looks like everyone had a good time. The sleepover sounded like fun and the boy's night out and the hard work on the floors sounds like hard work! And I know you enjoyed the class! Good for you!

Love ya!

Jesse_Jay87 February 23, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

looking at the pictures!! the kids are so big.. how old is everyone now?

AMD February 23, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

Now, the real city of Domino has plenty of parking lots, but unfortunately no city hall, library, or church.

Anonymous,  February 24, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

Whoa, don't negate my Cass County sister metropolis.
Domino has a very classic city hall that includes a few books for borrow, though it is slightly off the beaten tract.
Since it is a Progessive Populists City, it is true that churches are outnumbered by liquor stores, but the tax base is sound.

Amy February 24, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

I am so glad it was Washington's birthday. For a second I thought I missed a Pulley family birthday but then I remembered that it was not birthday season yet at your house.

Paul and Holly Domm February 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

I'm glad you survived spring break. Catching up on your blog I saw the pictures of Darren working on the rooms, and well you should post the pictures of the finished rooms-I'd be very interested. I love the turkey and deer pic.s -I'm so happy that spring is finally on its way for you guys. Oh, one last thing-where did you get the recipe for the cake?

Carrie February 25, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

I need that recipe, it sound sooo good! WOW! You guys have been so busy on your house - I need to come over and see it.

laurak March 1, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

That does sound like a good cake. Did you ever get those dominoes sorted out again?