Thursday, June 5, 2008

Anniversary


Darren and I celebrated our 13th anniversary on Tuesday. He sent me yellow roses from my favorite florist, which were what he brought me when he came to Texas to propose in 1995.

We usually celebrate by going out to a fancy restaurant, but this year Annabel wanted to make us a romantic meal. So she spent the afternoon setting the table and putting together this meal. Noah made Key Lime pie for dessert.

All three kids played waiter and waitress and were very attentive.

9 comments:

April June 5, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

The flowers are beautiful. How nice of the kids to take such good care of you. I'm sorry we ended your anniversary on such a pathetic note (The Sasquatch Gang).

Deborah June 5, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

You didn't. We thought the movie was funny, and we always have a good time with you guys.

carla June 5, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Happy Anniversary!!! Your children are awesome.

Carrie June 5, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

You two are so spoiled!! You've got such willing kids! I hope mine will wait on me someday, right now I NEVER sit down!! ROSIE is driving me crazy!! BTW, she cut her hair.

Jen June 5, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Wow! Tell your kids I'm SO impressed and they can come cook dinner for me any time! Love the yellow roses!

Anna June 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

How great that the kids did that. Can I borrow them for our anniversary?

Paul and Holly Domm June 7, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had such a nice evening.I hope the next 13 years treat you just as good as the first 13.

Mary June 8, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

That makes me a little misty. I noticed those roses on your table the other day. They are beautiful.

laurak June 15, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

That was so sweet of Darren and your kids.