Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Flat Stanley

Bea's first grade class had an assignment to send Flat Stanley (character from a children's book who travels) to visit family outside of Rochester. Bea sent hers to Texas to visit her Granma and Granpa Daniels. They did an excellent job of showing Flat Stanley around East Texas. Granma made a scrapbook for Stanley to take back to the classroom. Bea brought it home this last week. I thought I would show a few pages from Stanley's book.




Don't I have a creative mother?

6 comments:

Joanna June 10, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

you DO have a creative mother. the book is just darling!

Amy June 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

I bet Bea was the only one who had such a cool Flat Stanley book.

Heather June 11, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

I am so glad that Flat Stanly had got to go fishing with Grandpa. I remember pictures of a few years ago of that sweet tradition.
Yeah your Mom!!!!!

Anna June 11, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Wow...I had to do Flat Stanley for my nephew when we first moved here. My finished product looked nothing like that.

laurak June 15, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Mom was telling me about that. How cute and how very nice that she spent so much time helping Flat Stanley to have fun.

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

I was thinking about Flat Stanley the other day. We took Lindsay to visit the museum at the state park and it just wasn't the same. We really did have fun thinking of things to do with Stan... he's the man!

I'm glad Bea got to bring him home. I saw a postcard from here and I though, gee, I never sent a postcard to the class from Stanley, but I realized she's out of that class, now, so it is too late to send the class a postcard.

P.S. Thanks for all the compliments!