Wednesday, July 8, 2009

NYLT

Noah is away at camp this week. We drove him down on Sunday morning and will pick him up Saturday morning. He is attending the Boy Scouts National Youth Leadership Training Camp (NYLT) at Camp Cutler. I am pretty sure that I was more excited about this than he was. This means that I will have only two girls home for the week. This should mean at least 1/3 less fighting. Not to mention how good it will be for him (and for me!).Yippee!!
Ready for a week of camp.PhotobucketNoah really doesn't want his picture taken.Photobucket
Making a slide for his new kerchief.Photobucket
Noah, I'm praying for you to find something to eat and to stay warm and dry, and to have a good time. He did all his own packing. He says he had everything on the list. I hope he didn't forget a poncho. It's been a little wet here.
Photobucket
He really doesn't want me to take his picture. He didn't even say goodbye. He was quite ready to be done with his parents. PhotobucketDad, these are your socks he is wearing, as well as carrying the knife and sewing kit you sent.

6 comments:

Joanna July 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

We have missed having him here. Poor Tyler needs a friend.

I was wondering what he was going to eat all week. Did he pack Nutella?

I love his socks!

Dad,  July 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Great to see him in full uniform.
This should be a super training experience in preparation for National Jamboree.

Mom,  July 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Remember, He's been to Texas. He's ready for anything!

laurak July 10, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I hope he doesn't have to carry that pack too far. It looks heavy. I bet he'll have a great time. Siena packed her own bags for camp, too. I was worried that she would have forgotten something important, but she did OK without my help.

laurak July 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Wow, Deborah, the lighting in that third picture is incredible! What beautiful natural lighting. Really.

Deborah July 10, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

you weren't prompted to say that, were you?