Monday, July 20, 2009

Straight out of Parent Trap

is how I describe the camp Annabel is at this week. This is her first year at sleep away camp and I am so excited for her (and for me!).Photobucket
This is the mess hall that opens out onto the lake.Photobucket
Darren's not happy to see her gone for a week.Photobucket
She is in a cabin with 7 other girls, all 11-12yrs old. She did such a great job of packing.Photobucket
She has never been away from home for this long alone.Photobucket
Annabel is still sad, but look at Darren's face. It is a reflection of mine.Photobucket
This is her cabin.Photobucket
And this is the view from her cabin porch. Beautiful.Photobucket
She was having a hard time saying good-bye until someone mentioned that they were going to go do the swim test. Her eyes got wide and she was gone.

7 comments:

Amy July 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

You and Darren are the coolest parents. This looks like heaven for Annabel. She's going to have some great stories to tell. I can't wait to hear them.

carla July 22, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

what an awesome camp. she looks so happy.

Mary July 23, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

That looks amazing. How wonderful for you!!!!

Everytime I look at your blog I am amazed by your amazing pictures. The colors are perfect and the way you frame each shot is fabuluous. I need you to teach me!

Dad,  July 23, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

I wish I could go.

Seleta July 23, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

It looks like so much fun! I can't wait to hear stories!

Mom,  July 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

This is the most beautiful camp! Wow! How does it compare to Girl Scout camp in Mena?

laurak July 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

It looks so nice. I love the different expressions of A and D.