Friday, July 24, 2009

Room Makeover

I told Annabel to clean her room before she left for camp, if not I would do it while she was gone and I would throw away anything I wanted. She did not clean her room.
I did not get enough before pictures to show just how bad it really was. Every drawer was open and empty and there was no place to stand in her room without stepping on something.Photobucket
Oh, the horror.Photobucket
Wednesday night, three of my good friends volunteered to come over and help me clean her room. It took four, adult women three hours to clean this room. We removed 4 bags of garbage and one load of dirty clothes out of her room, as well as two broken pieces of furniture.
Now it is beautiful.Photobucket
I have found myself going into her room this week just to sit on the bed and enjoy the cleanness of it all.Photobucket
We went through all her clothes, cleaned out the closet, and tossed and tossed and tossed.Photobucket
Photobucket
Now, even Winnie can find someplace to sit and enjoy the room.Photobucket
I could not have done this without the help, support and guidance of my good friends Joanna, Alissa and Sarah. You are cleaning goddesses! Please come live with me and be my fairy godmothers.

11 comments:

Amy July 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

I want to come hang out in that room. Looks great.

Joanna July 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

it looks great. I can't wait to do Noah's room.

Anna July 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

So great! How will she take it when she comes home?

carla July 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

ah!! i love a clean room. was she mad?

laurak July 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Can your friends be my friends? Seriously, how did you get your friends to want to do that?
It makes me laugh and cry because Siena's room looks like that right now.
The makeover is beautiful. I would like to know if she freaked out of any missing items.
By the way, the medical journal should really rest on it's spine. The binding won't hold for long sitting like that.

Mom/Granma,  July 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

It sure looks better than it did in May. Winnie looks pretty, too!
So, how did we get to be such clutterers? I have the same problem with myself. I have been in the middle of painting and redoing my room this past weekend and still am. I even made a slip cover for a chaise that Kate gave me. But even after a complete redo, in a week it will be a mess again, and I'll live with it for a while and then dig in and declutter and enjoy it again for a few days. I think it's in our genes. Laura missed out on them. She was a neat freak when she was just a kid. But I guess Siena got them. Oh well, I think it's the sign of a creative person, but Laura kinda discounts that idea because she's very creative, too. Ok, Annabel, we're genetic slobs, but we are in good company!

Dad/Grandpa,  July 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Give me strength.

Holly August 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

What a transformation! What I'm wondering is what you got rid of and how she reacted when she got back. What awsome friends to come and help you clean!

Holly August 2, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

What a transformation! I want to know how Annebel reacted when she found out what you got rid of...and what wonderful friends to come and help you clean-right there is a sign of a great friend!