Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Picking

The kids were out for Columbus day and so to keep them from fighting and entertained we went apple picking with the Gregorys. At the last minute, Annabel went to play with Jack. We all enjoyed our day.
Oh, yeah, it was 80 degrees on Monday.



Noah and Bea are great apple pickers. Bea loves apples and is very particular about picking perfect apples, free from any defects.


Bea thinks she is very cool wearing my sunglasses.



I ask them to pose--this is what I get.





Noah looks a little thick-necked in this picture and he reminds me a little bit of John (my brother). He definitely has the Daniels' nose here.

We tried to pick raspberries, but we ate what we found as the bushes were fairly picked over. My kids are the tall ones.

8 comments:

Jen October 18, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

What a nostaligic kind of fall day, though 80 degrees? That sounds too much like Arizona (okay, we're still in the 90's but it's close!)

Mary October 18, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

Oh, how I miss those apples!!

Mary October 18, 2008 at 10:49 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica October 19, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

These are fabulous pictures. I love NY in the Fall!

laurak October 20, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

What a fun day. Amazing that it ws so hot there. Your kids are darling.

Paige Storheim October 20, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

Your kids are so beautiful, they fit right in with the fall colors.

Heidi October 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

OK- I am officially really jealous!! I really, really miss apple picking and having a huge supply of the best apples to eat all month!! Bring on the pies, right?

AMD October 23, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

What beautiful pictures.