Saturday, October 25, 2008

Morning Walk

Winnie and I went on a nice early (9am) walk yesterday. We found many lovely signs of fall. I love the look of frost and I found it in many places.

This made me laugh. We have a neighbor that reeeally likes plastic.

I took all these pictures with my Canon 850 that fits in my pocket. I still need to explore this camera and its features.

Winnie was so happy just to be out to sniff new ground.

Queen Anne's ice

Fluffy cattails. Darren's office is just off to the right in the distance.

I noticed this small maple with it huge leaves growing up the middle of this other tree with its small faded leaves.

I had to stop to get rid of all the pebbles I had acquired. I am always surprised how so many pebbles can get inside my shoes while walking. It drives me crazy.

The park used to be a farm with an orchard. Several pear trees still remain and I have been too late to pick any fruit in the past.

It was a little icy, but it tasted great.

Who knew?

Buckland house

Thanks for tagging along on our walk.

9 comments:

Mary October 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

I'm hoping these same quiet morning walks are in my near future!

laurak October 25, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Everything is beautiful. I remember that I got lots of little pebbles on my walks around your area.

carla October 26, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

thanks for taking me along.

Jen October 27, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

That first pic is amazing! What fun playing with a new camera.

Anonymous,  October 27, 2008 at 12:56 AM  

I can't believe how fantastic Buckland park is turning out! We left too soon!

Oh, and I guess it wouldn't be a real neighborhood if SOMEONE didn't have plastic flowers all year round!

Paul and Holly Domm October 27, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

I really enjoyed tagging along on your walk. You really should do that more often-as ny looks so different depending on the season.

Paige Storheim October 28, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

That was so artistic. Your flow of thoughts and pictures to go along. loved it

Anonymous,  October 28, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

I enjoyed the walk, too. Thanks for including all of us! I didn't even get cold or short of breath! By the way, my reflux has been non-existent for the past month. It has been heaven. I had forgotten what it was like. I refilled my prescription today and it was almost half price, I couldn't figure that one out, but I didn't argue.

Heidi November 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

I had to smile when I saw that picture you took of the sign at Buckland Park. when I was there, I kept meaning to stop and read the sign when I passed it because I was curious about that house/farm. Now I know. Thanks. Those were fun pictures. You always think of the cool details.