Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Week

is finally over. Honestly, I can't stand Halloween, but it is Annabel's favorite holiday, so I let her take over all decorating and activities. It is always too much for me and not enough for her. Ugh.
The week begins with poor Bea sick, but she can still take a pretty picture.

Bea and Darren getting ready to dig into some serious pumpkin guts. Our friends the Finkelsteins invited us over for pumpkin carving.

She thought that carving pumpkins on her cream colored carpet was a good idea.

I didn't and insisted that my family carve on the kitchen floor.

The results of our labor. The 2 Pulley pumpkins are the two biggest ones. Noah's rotted about a week earlier, so we only had 2 this year.

Annabel's pumpkin

spooky pumpkin by Bea (really Darren)

We had a ward party on Wednesday to begin the candy eating frenzy. Bea and her two best friends.
This is one of the only pictures of Annabel in her costume--She is a rock star.

Noah and his two best friends who happen to be the older brothers of Bea's friends.

Halloween night the Sheltons and the Finkelsteins came over for trick or treating and overeating. Noah left us to go to another neighborhood with his friends. His costume was his regular clothes and a Santa hat that he borrowed from his friend. He is just about too cool for Halloween.
friends gettting through the night
The week is over and we are on to Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

Joanna November 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

I don't hate Halloween, but I am always glad when it is over and we can get on to Thanksgiving. I love your pictures.

Anonymous,  November 1, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

I know....nice to start fresh (but enough chocolate to keep ya moving!). Did you say Thanksgiving? I think I've skipped right on over to Christmas. Maybe that's because Walmart did, too!

Christensen's November 2, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

I don't know why you hate Halloween. You make it look so fun, friends and food. What more could you want for a holiday.

Anonymous,  November 2, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Tell Noah he's lucky he didn't get rocks for not wearing a costume. I've never heard of that before reading Laura's blog, but it's a good idea. If they're too big to wear a costume, they should stay home and hand out candy. You can't imagine the kids that came to our house, high school on down and all dressed in costumes. I even wore my pumpkin costume to Julia's party at Head Start. They loved it. So did I! I love Halloween and decorate more now because of Kate's kids. I've already decorated for Thanksgiving. It will last all month and then I'll do Christmas. I loved your pumpkins, did you put them on your doorstep like last year or use them in the house? The ward photo is cute, I guess Bea was the karate kid, huh? Annabel is getting so big and beautiful, she would make a rock star for sure! Were you still at home when John went to the ward party as Bag Man? He was so funny, but so original. He had a brown paper bag hat, a black plastic bag shirt and brown paper bag shoes. He had pants, too, but I guess they were made from a plastic bag, too. He is his mama's boy! Oh, I'll answer that question myself. You were probably already married and had kids yourself by then. My, how time flies when you're having fun, right?

Anna November 2, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

We had a good time...thanks for inviting us. And I'm with you. So glad it's all over.

carla November 2, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

what's your favorite holiday, because you sure made this one seem fun. :)

Heidi November 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

It looks like fun. We wish we could have been there. That pumpkin carving party looks fun.. that's a good idea to do it with other people, We didn't get around to doing it this year. It is always such an undertaking.