Sunday, November 9, 2008

Just a Wiggle

is what the dentist calls it, but we all know she is yanking out teeth. Poor Noah had 5 teeth pulled on Thursday. He was a real trooper through the ordeal and said he loved the feel of the laughing gas. He said he felt like he was in a dream and that he would never forget that feeling. He kept raising his arm to reach for something, or maybe he just enjoyed the weightless feeling...I'm not sure.
It wasn't until we got into the car that one hole really started to hurt and he kind of freaked a little from the pain, but two extra strength tylenol did the job in about an hour's time. After that he enjoyed the attention and his last visit from the tooth fairy. They are all permanent now.

6 comments:

Jessica November 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

I know *exactly* how that is -- I had six baby teeth pulled in high school. I hope the new ones come in FAST -- that was hardest part for me. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Noah!

Anonymous,  November 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

I love the photo of Noah with the cotton sticking out both sides of his mouth. I was just surprised to see the lady in the background with the baby. At first glance, I thought it was you. I've never seen a group dental room before. That's an interesting concept. If you're not already scared of the dentist, hearing someone else scream might just do you in. Fortunately I have never had that problem, but I know people who do.

Carrie November 10, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Noah, your a real trooper!! I had to have six, yes that's six teeth pulled befor I could get my braces put on. Tylenol and Jello were my best friends for a week or so. Hang in there my friend!!

Anonymous,  November 10, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

poor Noah! Milk it for all you can.
Joanna

laurak November 12, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Five teeth! Yeow! Poor guy. When Lily had one tooth pulled, it about did ME in.

Anna November 13, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Wow...I absolutely hate the dentist. Hopefully he won't have to do anything of this magnitude ever again.