Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Celebrity Cruise

Darren and I had a great time on our cruise. It was very relaxing and low key. Darren had 4 mornings of classes and I had nothing to do, but enjoy the peace of being alone.These are some views from the ship.


We stopped in San Juan, Puerto Rico Monday afternoon. We were excited to have cell phone coverage there to check in at home. I realized later that I didn't leave an emergency contact number for us, but luckily for all involved we didn't need it.
I was constantly amazed at the size of our ship. I couldn't really wrap my brain around just how big it actually was.

Tuesday, was St. Kitts. We did some site seeing and then went back to the boat to enjoy the pool to ourselves.

We, both, really enjoyed St. Maartin/Martin, the Dutch and French sides. We explored and shopped the Dutch side, then took a bus (for $2/person) to the French side.--Mostly, to just say we did it.
Posted by Picasa
The rest of the trip we were at sea, so we ate, walked around the ship and ate some more. By Friday, I told Darren I was ready to be off the boat because I was so tired of eating all the time. Imagine!
I'm a great fan of the patch. I am notorious for getting motion sick and I never got sick on the boat. Big, big Fan! The cruise director said someone once asked him what religion was it where everyone had a dot behind their ear.

11 comments:

Jessica April 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Whoa -- that looks like a blast! I loved your collage of all the places on the ship. I have never been on a cruise but would really like to go. What sort of classes was Darren taking?

Deborah April 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

He was taking Medical Education classes.

carla April 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

wow!! your pictures are awesome!! i'm so glad that you had a great time.

Joanna April 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

I was jealous before, but after seeing your pictures I am officially jealous. It look fabulous. The water, the sun, the shorts....I can not believe how freaking huge that ship is.

Heather April 1, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

amazing.... truly amazing

Anna April 1, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Ahhhhh! Your room looks amazing! So glad you had a great time.

laurak April 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

That was a really nice ship. The islands were beautiful. Would you like to go back and spend a week at any of them, or was a day trip long enough? I love how everything was so blue- the sky and the water.

Jen April 3, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

You took some gorgeous pictures! I love the sailboats.

Jaime April 5, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

What an awesome trip! I've always wanted to go to all those places...from those pictures it seems like you had the whole thing to yourselves!

Mom,  April 6, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Your pictures were beautiful. I really liked your room, I don't think we've ever had one that nice. I think I'm ready to take another cruise.

Mary April 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

It looks like you traveled to paradise.