Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reports from Texas

My Dad is sending reports of Noah's manly activities by commenting on my blog, but I thought I would make a posting out of them.
Report: This boy rode a tornado into Texas and hasn't slowed down yet.
He brought home 42 fish today and shot the center out of the targets today with both the 22 and 30-30 rifle. He may have been born in NY but his blood runs pure Texan.

 
Posted by Picasa
I have harangued Noah about taking pictures and harassed my mother as well. She sent these great ones today.
Report #2: Today was farmer work. Noah tilled the entire garden, planted tomatoes and covered the new asparagus with compost. Later today we will plant watermelons and kill some roosters for chicken and dumplings.
This boy is a top hand.
Farming must make one hungry because he knocked off another half gallon of Blue Bell.
Me again: So far, he has completed his fishing and motorboating merit badges. I am tickled pink! How many more do you think he can complete while there? We may leave him there longer just to get in some more scouting.

10 comments:

April April 22, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Noah's going to kill a chicken? Really? I don't think there's a merit badge for that...

Grandpa,  April 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

No merit badge for killing chickens, however it does qualify as a Deacon's service project for providing food for the indigent.

Jen April 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Wow I am uber-impressed with your son! Mine would be whining and asking where the video games are kept. Noah, you are da man!

laurak April 22, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

I'm impressed with Noah, too. I bet Mom and Dad a glad to have him around to help with the chores. I would love to see the kid kill a rooster! Ha. Do you think he helped? They probably picked one up from Danny's store.
Way to get those merit badges. Dad always was a great scout master.

carla April 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

wow, what a great grandpa.

LaRue,  April 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Is there anyway I can sign Roland up for a grandpa & me toddler program? It looks more exciting than what Bethlehem Lutheran offers.

r1 April 22, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Sounds like Exactly what grandpas are for.

mmmmm ... I miss Blue Bell

Clifton,  April 23, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Hello LaRue,
Roland is on the grandpa list and as soon as you buy him a BB gun send him to Texas for some rooster shootin'. He can't get that at Bethlehem Lutheran.

Anna April 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Can I send my boys to your dad for scouting stuff when they get older?

Joanna April 24, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

remind me to tell you the story about my first and last time seeing my grandpa kill a chicken. I hope Noah was ok! :)