Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Girls' Weekend in NYC

This weekend, I took Bea to NYC with two of my closest friends and their two daughters who are two of her closest friends. The 3 girls are turning 8 this spring and we have made it a family tradition to take each of our kids on a trip alone when they turn 8. Noah went to Utah to visit cousins, Annabel went to Arizona to visit cousins and Bea chose to visit Lady Liberty.


We stopped by Random House to pick up tickets from Suzy's friend, who has the job I want most in my life. She is an editor in the romance novel division there.I would trade spots with her in a heart beat.

The rain did not stop our adventure. We had a late lunch at the the American Girl Doll store. Bea is not a big doll fan, but she loves animals and she acquired Coconut, the AG dog and was happy with that. (which saved me $98)

One of the highlights of the trip was seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway. I wish I had a better picture of Bea and the stage, but the memory is forever in our hearts. Mary truly is practically perfect in every way!
Posted by Picasa


Times Square The girls looked so cute, all dressed up for a night on the town. They are all wearing hair bows from the American Girl lunch. They were wrapped around the napkins.

Headed to China town for some serious shopping.

We spent Sunday going to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Posted by Picasa

Bea took the only picture we have of the adults together. She's not bad with a camera.

We had quite a wait to get onto the ferry.

Cameron took this great picture of me and Bea.

On our listening tour.
Posted by Picasa






Ellis Island


Three very tired little girls have taken NYC by storm.
Posted by Picasa
I came up with the idea of the trip, but Suzy and Mary did all the planning and scheduling and reservations. Thanks again. It was an incredible weekend and I can't wait to do it again. Maybe I can get them to plan our next family trip. It is great having someone else do all the work.

9 comments:

carla April 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

wow!!! what a wonderful trip.

Anna April 10, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

That looks like a blast. The girls look too cute. I love Bea's hair!

Amy April 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Love the last picture. Looks like great fun. Also, you adults have some great spring coats. I want one!

Joanna April 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

I LOVE that picture of you and Bea. And the girls on the street at night. It looks like a great trip.

Mom,  April 11, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Bea is sporting a new haircut, too, isn't she? I think it must have been a wonderful trip. Ya'll look happy and relaxed. Bea is certainly looking grown up. I hope she and Annabel will come visit sometime soon, too. I can hardly wait for Noah to get here. Love ya!

AMD April 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Looks like so much fun. And I LOVE your green jacket!!

Mary April 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Good times. Good times.

My goal this week is to get my pictures up on my blog. I'm so glad you let us tag along.

Sarah April 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

That looks like so much fun! Coconut was a great choice...how fun for the three girls to have a trip together, and the moms too!

laurak April 15, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

That must have been a blast! I do love your coat and the black and white one your friend is wearing, too. I love the last picture. It is no wonder that Bea was so tired after walking around in those stylish shoes all day.