Thursday, June 4, 2009

14 years


on June 3rd, that's how long Darren and I have been married. We typically celebrate by going out to a fancy restaurant. We don't buy each other gifts, just a nice dinner.
This year, Darren threw all that out the window when this little gift arrived from the FedEx guy early Wednesday morning.
What a wonderful surprise.
I have needed and wanted a new computer for a couple of years now and we had decided that we would eventually get a Mac. I have been keeping a little mental Mac fund in my mind. Every time I passed on Starbucks or skipped a trip to Target, I would add that to my little mental fund. I have mentioned this fund to Darren, but there wasn't much in the fund so far. I was hoping for Christmas, if I was lucky. So imagine my surprise when the box arrived. I shed a little tear.
He scored major bonus points in the gift giving realm this year.
Look at the tiny keyboard. I love everything about it!
Darren, you're a rock star!!!
BTW, we still went out to dinner, but nothing fancy.

8 comments:

Anna June 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Yaaaaaaay! What a guy, huh?! Happy Anniversary!

Jessica June 7, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Mike was looking over my shoulder while I read this, and he is jealous.

We absolutely adore our Macs. (You may have to kiss those awesome Picasa collages goodbye, though).

laurak June 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Good for Darren!! What a wonderful husband. Happy Anniversary. 14 years is a long time.

RandomJonesThoughts June 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

Happy Anniversary! What a fun surprise!

Mom,  June 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Happy, happy anniversary. I didn't even think about it, I'm so sorry! But I love your new computer and you definitely needed it! Do the kids get to use it????

Joanna June 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

so maybe he is a keeper after all.:)