Sunday, June 21, 2009

Strawberries

are finally ripe here in the northeast. I woke up early Saturday morning and realized that there wouldn't be a better time to take the kids strawberry picking than then. So, despite the rain, I woke everyone up and we took off for breakfast and strawberry picking.

 

We brought home 20lbs of delicious, sweet red berries.
That Bea can handle a paring knife. She helped clean and then we frozen about 3/4 of the berries...
 

and ate the rest.
 

I think I will have to go back this week for more. We didn't get enough to last the year and we ate what we didn't freeze like it was candy!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jessica June 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

There is nothing better than fresh, local strawberries. We had some in North Carolina and they were fantastic.

Anna June 21, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Looks good. We're going this week too!

Paul and Holly Domm June 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Let me start by saying that I love your family picture at the top of your blog. It really is such a beautiful photo of all of you! I feel your excitement and enthusiasm about the strawberries. As soon as the berries were ripe here, we also went strawberry picking. Unfortunately, the patch over here was somewhat picked over (so we definately weren't able to get 20 lbs of berries), but still oh so delicious!

Mary June 21, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

YUMMMY! We just picked the last from our patch today. Enjoy.

I absolutely love your new family picture. It's practically perfect in every way!

Joanna June 22, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

lets go Thursday or Friday. I need berries.

soften June 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Eat a few pounds for me this summer. This is one of the things I miss most about NY. I loved all the berry picking! We miss you guys and I love keeping updated on your family.

laurak June 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

I love the picture with the juice driping down Noah's chin. Thoase look like great strawberries. Man, you keep me feeling GREEN all the time!