Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday morning walk

We now have church at 11:30, so that gives us time in the mornings to take a walk or make a big breakfast or just enjoy the Sunday paper. Today, Darren, Bea, Winnie and I went on a walk along the canal.
This red-winged blackbird was the first thing we saw.
We saw two woodchucks...

..and an usually attractive dog hidden in the grass.Oh, wait, that is Winnie.
We came across lots of pretty flowers.
Any idea what kind of plant this might be? We thought it was quite pretty. Did you find the bee? Click on the last flower.
Water break.
Lots of folks were out on their bikes. Darren saw a patient riding past us.

Two wiggly little bums caught my eye.
More snow in Junefrom these trees.


Our morning walk was a lovely way to start a Sunday and get in a little exercise as well.

5 comments:

Mom,  June 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Those woodchucks are what we saw fighting, or mating or whatever, when we went on our walk. They are just the same color and fatness that I remember seeing.

Anna June 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

What a nice morning. The blog looks great. Yay for new computers!

laurak June 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

First, I love the pictures in your heading!!! Second, I hate going to church at 8am. I feel guilty every Sunday because I never make it there on time, and I am plumb worn out trying. So now I just go to the second and third hours. I'm jealous of your lovely walk by the canal. I've never seen a woodchuck in person. How much wood does a woodchuck chuck?

carla June 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

thanks for taking us along on your walk.:)

Joanna June 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

I love all the pictures you take along your walks.