Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Annabel


Annabel turned 10 on the 24th. She told me it was like her sweet 16, but early, because she was in the double digits now.

We had a quiet little afternoon with cake and presents.

The day before, Joanna took lots of pictures of Annabel and as soon as she has them ready (hint, hint), I will share them here.

We recently discussed some of the things we all like about Annabel. Here are a 10 in no particular order.

  1. Annabel is smart and talented.
  2. She is strong-willed.
  3. Annabel loves little children and animals.
  4. She is beautiful.
  5. She is strong and able-bodied.
  6. She is fearless.
  7. Everyone knows Annabel.
  8. Annabel is good with money and she always has some.
  9. Annabel is great at sharing-anything and everything.
  10. She has a lovely voice and is not afraid to use it.

7 comments:

Amy May 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

One of my favorite things about Annabel is that she is so willing to play with Jack and make him smile. My favorite memories of Memorial Day were Jack screaming with delight as Annabel swam with him. Not all 10 year olds would take the time to play with a 2 year old but Annabel is always trying to make sure that Jack is having a good time.

Deborah May 29, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Thank you for your nice words. We all need them.

Joanna May 29, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

You know we LOVE Annabel in this house. My girls ADORE her. (as do I) Hope you had a good birthday Annabel.

You can have the pictures anytime I just need a CD. I will be working on there for a while until I learn PS. :) I hope you like at least a few of them.

laurak May 29, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

We love Anna Banana too. She is brave and so very talented in so many things.

Happy Birthaday yr the best Annabel-Siena

Anna May 30, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

I'd add that Annabel is so willing to give of herself. Happy Birthday!!!

Mary May 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

Happy Birthday Annabel. I love that you make lists of your kids wonderful traits. I think you need to expand it to 30 or 40 items.