Saturday, May 10, 2008

Special Guest Day

Bea had Special Guest Day at her school on Friday and she invited me as her special guest. We made tissue flowers together and put together a little scrapbook about our lives in 1st grade.
We all met outside and sang patriotic songs before the guests left.

Bea and I were discussing this upcoming event a few days ago and she told me that only a couple of her classmates had grandparents coming. I commented that they must live in town or close by and she told me no, that they lived in Utah. I told her that I was pretty sure that was not the case. Oh, no, she said "Grandparents usually live in Utah." I told her that it just so happens that nearly everyone of her friends had grandparents in Utah, but only because they were all her friends from church.

4 comments:

Anna May 10, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Too funny. And how sweet of her to invite you as her special guest.

Anonymous,  May 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

No doubt she is your child. Not far from being a spitting image.

laurak May 15, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

How fun! I always knew you were special.

Mary May 15, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

What a cute and fun day!!