Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Darren and Noah made our traditional apple pie. Darren was teaching Noah this year the how tos of pie baking. In our house the apple pie is a job for the men.

Bea likes to help, mostly to get samples before it goes in the oven.













The final product is as good as it looks.

Noah helped peel and mash the potatoes, but he refuse to even taste them.




The Gregorys hosted Thanksgiving this year. It was Joanna's first turkey and first success. She and I used Pioneer Woman recipes and we had a wonderful spread of yummy food.

I asked her to make lots of rolls, because I knew that would be all that Noah would eat. She also made a great cornbread dressing and a chocolate chip cheese cake and peanut butter brownie cookies.
I made the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry relish and Darren made 2 apple pies.

Annabel said it was one of her best Thanksgivings. The kids enjoyed themselves and the adults enjoyed the peace.

Rosemary is part of our extended Rochester/Gregory family.

Annabel and her mini-me, Amanda.

Darren tried to get in a nap after dinner, but wasn't very successful.

We have many blessings and great friends are at the top of our list. It is good to sit and think over our day and digest and be thankful.

7 comments:

Joanna November 22, 2007 at 11:55 PM  

such great pictures. Maybe I won't blog anything and just put a link to your page. thanks again for the company.

laurak November 24, 2007 at 12:16 AM  

You are on the ball getting your pictures posted so quickly.
I'm so glad that you and Darren both got your Thanksgiving wish of going out, and eating a homemade Thanksgiving dinner. Looks like you had fun. I find it's not so hard when everyone shares the work. I used some Pioneer woman recipes, too. Yummy!

laurak November 24, 2007 at 12:27 AM  

by the way...
I love the new layout and all the songs. I could just sit and look at you all day.

Heather November 26, 2007 at 3:30 PM  

I agree I like the new set up.
I am impressed with the Pipneer Women now! Thanks for sharing...now please pass the boys pie

Anonymous,  November 27, 2007 at 4:49 PM  

Did I ever mention that I love Apple pie?

Mary December 3, 2007 at 5:51 PM  

I'm glad you all had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! The food looks wonderful too! Perhaps in a different parallel sphere I will host Thanksgiving at my house.

Anonymous,  December 6, 2007 at 11:22 PM  

Our boys would have lots of fun making pie together -- I'd be happy to sit back and let them, too!