Thursday, August 28, 2008

More from Myrtle Beach
















We're still having fun in Myrtle Beach. My sister Mary informs me however that I'm getting meaner and meaner as the week wears on. Being with my sisters cute and young and well behaved family makes me long for a simpler time for our family as well. Oh well, I guess the screaming will just go on for us. I don't know what else to do.
Some of the pictures are from our Cirque de Soleil (spelling?) trip. The kids LOVED this. Personally it gave me the creeps a little. The aesthetic of the show is kind of a scarry-glam pagan-worship vibe. It was kind of like Rocky Horror meets CareBears. Or maybe its just my own irrational fear of mimes.

6 comments:

laurak August 28, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

Our family was like that when we were all young. It was so loud and chaotic, I never knew it could be any other way. Good luck. You'll survive. Only a few more days. Just take deep breaths.
Mary's kids are very cute!

Anna August 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Wow. I really loved the Cirque shows until I read that description, which is pretty accurate.

Deborah August 28, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

I'm so glad the kids are having fun, and you are taking pictures.

Jaime August 28, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

I think I've mentioned it before but You guys know how to have fun!

Amy August 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Love your description of Cirque. So accurate.

Paige Storheim October 20, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

I got all confused by the entries thinking that you weren't there, but then realized that it was Darren, I am impressed!! Can't wait to see Cirque de Soleil, nothing better than rock horror meets CareBears, what a description!