Friday, December 14, 2007

Rock band

Last night we went to Scott and April's house to play Rock Band. It is an Xbox 360 game we play with toy drums, guitars and microphones. Darren and I never really got into rock music, we must have been more top 40 kind of teenagers, but Cary revisited his hey day with songs like Dani California by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who,
Tom Sawyer by Rush.

You watch the screen to know what notes to play and it has a karioke like banner across the top to sing along with the band.

The game moves along rather quickly and everyone is following their parts.

I believe piano players and violinist have an unfair advantage to those of us who aren't so musically inclined.
Scott's advantage is that he is Scott.

Eventually we all rotate through each instrument, until you find one you can win with.Posted by Picasa

Scores are pretty good here!

12 comments:

AMD December 14, 2007 at 5:14 PM  

Our friends lent us Guitar Hero for the Wii, which was pretty fun. Evan beat the game--on easy mode. I've heard about this whole band game, though. Looks awesome!

Anonymous,  December 14, 2007 at 5:29 PM  

That looks like so much fun. I miss hanging out with you all.

Anonymous,  December 14, 2007 at 7:31 PM  

Now that looks like a game I would definitely not be good at!

Jaime December 14, 2007 at 10:33 PM  

Look at you guys! That is a picture for the ward bulletin! I love that you all are so entertaining and fun.

Jessica December 15, 2007 at 12:48 AM  

Did someone say Red Hot Chili Peppers? Ooooh, love them (at least the newer stuff).

Taylor December 15, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Thanks for checking out my blog. It looks like you guys have a fun life. I'd love to try Rock Band-it looks like a riot.
How did you set up your music widget? It's way better than others I've seen.

Heather December 16, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

That looks like sooooo much fun. I would loose though. I think that is a picture for the Stake Calandar

Bodell December 16, 2007 at 10:06 PM  

Deborah!

It's great to hear from you, we sure miss all of you in Rochester! Why do these pictures not suprise me at all... you guys will never really grow up! I love it! I linked your site on my blogspot so now I will peek in on you often! Have a Merry Christmas!

Much love,
Lindsey

laurak December 17, 2007 at 12:31 AM  

Looks like fun. Paul's brother got something like this.

Joanna December 17, 2007 at 1:48 PM  

ohhh that looks like fun! I need to be there for the next one with my video camera. We miss you guys

Anonymous,  December 17, 2007 at 5:42 PM  

What was Darren's score? Was he player 2,3, or 4? Or is that 3, 1, and 4? Well, whatever..

Heather Jewell December 18, 2007 at 4:45 PM  

Hey, I hope it's Ok that I am peeking at your blog (in my defense April said I could). It looks like you guys had so much fun. That game is totally addicting! It is awesome for people like me who no muscial ability whatsoever, but who have always wished they did. Now if I could only learn to play with my mouth shut...
Your welcome on my blog anytime
http://www.elranchoderigby.blogspot.com/