Sunday, December 14, 2008

Deck the Halls

This has been one of our best decorating years. Annabel has done most of it by herself. She decorated our living room and put up the tree. Darren did all of the lights-outside and on the tree, and the kids put the ornaments on themselves. This is always very stressful for me, but this year has been a breeze. Annabel put the angel on the tree herself. She put one of the kitchen barstools on top of one of the kitchen table chairs(which are very rickety) and climbed up. I was holding the stool for all I was worth!

 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jessica December 15, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Thanks for posting a tree picture! I love it -- those kids do a great job!

April December 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

The real question is, "Is the train set up yet?"

Adam would LOVE to come see the train...

Anonymous,  December 16, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

Can they come help me? They did a great job!

laurak December 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

I think that is what being a kid is all about. I remember loving to decorate when I was a kid, now I let my kids do it, too.

Anna December 16, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

First of all, love the Grace Kelly song on here! Yay to Annabel and the kids for doing the decorations. Some years it's just more than I feel like doing.

Anonymous,  December 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

How great when everyone pitches in! Just putting the lights on the tree takes me a good three hours.

Alisha December 18, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

I can't believe how big they are all getting. I love Annabel's hair long. Tell them they did a great job!

sixlayerdip December 19, 2008 at 2:28 AM  

Wow! Great tree! By the way I tagged you! Come to my blog to see what's up!

Joanna December 19, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

your tree is beautiful as always. Is Annabel going to be as big a help when it all needs to come down? :)