Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dinner at Heidi's

First an apology for everyone I didn't get to see. We only had so much time and most of it was spent with family. This was our first trip back in 3 years to see Darren's mother (who is recovering from surgery) and siblings. I wish I could have seen all of our friends in UT, but it wasn't possible. That said...
My kids got to see their long-lost best friends. (As did the parents)
 
 
Bea was so excited to see Laurel and Clara. She hadn't seen Laurel since they moved from Rochester 2 1/2 yrs ago. That is a very long time when you are only seven--though these little girls have been friends since birth. It didn't take long for them to make up the lost time.
 
  Noah and Kent have been best buds for 12 years. It is good to have friends like this.

Posted by Picasa

Heidi, thanks for hosting such a great night. Friends, food and fun. What more could we ask?

5 comments:

Joanna December 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Clara is so tall and Laurel is beautiful (as is Clara and Bea) What a great picture.

Anna December 9, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

I can't believe how much older all of these kids are. I miss them!

Anonymous,  December 14, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Are you sure they're really only drinking coke in the first picture? The blinds look like they were adjusted by a drunk person. =)

Heidi December 17, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

OK, Deborah, so obviously I am a total slacker for not checking blogs more often. It has been a really crazy time of year. I just noticed you blogged about our fun dinner. We had a blast and are glad you came. The kids really had such a great time, as did we. I guess I should have thought to fix those broken blinds knowing you would post something!!

Mary December 18, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

My heart aches just a bit thinking that we only get to do this once a year or so. It was so wonderful to have you here.