Monday, December 1, 2008

Road Trip to Utah

We decided to go to Utah for Thanksgiving 12 days before we needed to leave. I then spent that time packing and downloading iPods (which were supposed to be for Christmas). Two hours into our trip, Noah proclaimed this the best road trip we have ever taken. We would have been stir crazy without each kid having their own movies to watch.
 
 One of the highlights for me was finding a Long John Silvers in Indiana. Noah ate KFC biscuits for dinner. Darren attempted the fish. The girls and I couldn't have been happier.
 
We are getting closer.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Wendy December 2, 2008 at 3:10 AM  

Holy cow, Deb!!! Driving to Utah - you are nuts!! Can't wait to hear more...

Anna December 2, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

I am so jealous you went to LJS! We saw one on the way back from PA but we had already eaten.

Heather December 2, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

WOW. I wondered why you were so blog quiet! Wow!

Carrie December 2, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

LJS is one of our favorites!! Ohio has them all over, would you believe I order extra crispies, just the fried batter...totally disgusting, I know.

Christensen's December 2, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Utah! REALLY, how was the drive? That is a lot of hours in the car. Give us a call next time your in town.

Amy December 2, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

I am glad you all lived to tell the tale of the "best road trip ever" and that you are safely home again. And thank goodness for ipods.

Amy December 2, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

And just the idea of deciding to take a LONG road trip 12 days before you need to leave makes me stressed.

Jen December 3, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

You are crazy and brave! I guess it's a little different without a two year-old in the car, but still...that's a LOT of driving!

Joanna December 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

We missed you while you were gone. LJS sounds NASTY! Poor Darren and Noah.