Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning

The kids were up at 5am this morning to check out their Santa gifts and stockings. Darren sent them to bed for fighting at 5:15. So we slept in and didn't begin opening presents until 8:30 or so.
Christmas pajamasEvery year the kids make gifts for each other. This year Noah learned to crotchet the week before Christmas. I didn't think he could do it, but he got busy and finished a hat for each of his sisters. I think he did a great job and they both love their new hats.
Beret made by Noah

Bea made Noah brownies. We told him they were for carolling, so he was quite surprised to find them this morning.

Darren seems happy with our new toothbrush.
Bea is happy.

Annabel has been buying Tiger Beat lately and asked for a subscription. I remember I had a Tiger Beat subscription, but I think I was a few years older.
A Joe Jonas pillow has thrilled Annabel.

Winnie was as excited as the kids were to have a new lobster toy.
The kids were very gracious and seem very happy. -- Thank goodness!
Merry Christmas to all of you.

6 comments:

Jen December 25, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

Christmas morning looks remarkably similar no matter who you are or where you are.

Anonymous,  December 27, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

I love the hats, Noah, will you make me one? Seriously? Brownies are good, too, but don't keep you warm out in the cold. Love you all, Merry Christmas forever!

Allison December 28, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

k- so this year i started getting my kids involved in making gifts for each other and their cousins. Next year I plan on starting much earlier and doing more home made Christmas. It feels so much more fun when it is something special that we made. So what have you had your kids make for each other? I need more ideas you are an idea master.

BTW ... LOVED your Christmas card. One of my card maker friends fell in love with it too!

Mary December 29, 2008 at 12:59 AM  

Looks like a wonderful Christmas.

Joanna January 2, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Noah- I LOVE the hats!! MAybe you can make me one like Beas. :)

It looks like you had a great morning.

laurak January 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

I love that you already have everything posted. Noah, I love the hats. Your Aunt Laura needs one of those.
I also love the idea of making something for each other. Next year!